Today’s interlocutor of 1905.az is Agil Shahmuradov, PhD on history and assistant professor of Azerbaijan University of Languages.
– Mr. Shahmuradov, being an Armenian also means terrorist organizations and network that threaten the entire world. ASALA is known more in this context.
– The Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia, or shortly ASALA was a terrorist organization that operated from 1975 to 1991. The stated intention of ASALA was to create an independent Armenian state, achieve international recognition of the so-called Armenian genocide of 1915. ASALA was recognized as a terrorist organization by the Turkish Security Service.
– What can you say about the relations of ASALA and Armenian terrorists with other terrorist groups?
– Yes, they had some relations. The leader of ASALA Hagop Hagopian played an important role in establishing contacts with terrorist organizations, such as Abu Nidal, Black September. After committing a number of terrorist acts, ASALA threatened Switzerland and France. As a result, several organizations in France, Azad Hay in Canada, Kaytzer in the UK announced their joining ASALA.
– Which famous terrorists are known to had contacts with Armenian terrorist network? I would like to talk about Ilich Ramirez Sanchez and his ties to Armenian terrorists.
– In the 1940-50s, three children – Vladimir, Ilich, Lenin were raised in the family of Marxist José Altagracia Ramírez-Navas and Catholic Elba María Sánchez in Caracas, Venezuela. Out of three children named in honor of Vladimir Ilich Lenin, the leader of the Russian Bolshevistic revolution, two boys were later engaged in trade, while the eldest son Ilich became known all over the world for his bloody actions.
Born in 1949, Ilich Ramirez Sanchez learned the basics of terrorism in Camp Matanzas, Cuba in the mid-1960s, got educated in the Patrice Lumumba University in Moscow in 1968-1969. He was later trained in terrorist camps in Lebanon and Jordan. Having used nicknames such as Salim Muhammed Nuri, Hector Lugo Dupond, Flick Ramirez, Ahmed Adil Favaz, he is mostly known as Carlos the Jackal. He cooperated with a number of terrorist organizations, including Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization, Japanese Red Army, Red Brigades (Italy), Red Army Fraction (Germany) and committed many bloody terrorist acts: blastoff of the passenger aircraft Zurich-Tel-Aviv, which took 200 lives (1970), Lod Airport massacre that caused 25 deaths, 71 wounded (1972), explosion on a Paris café that left 2 dead, 33 injured (1974), terrorist acts in Orly airport of Paris and taking hostages (1974-1975), attack on headquarters of OPEC in Vienna and taking hostages (1975), terrorist acts against France diplomatic missions in Vienna and Beirut, as a result of which several people lost their lives (1982), etc. Jackal Carlos, who relocated to Sudan in the beginning of the 1990s, was transferred to special service bodies of France in 1994. He was sentenced to life imprisonment in the courts held in 1997 and 2011 in Paris.
It is worth noting that the authors writing about Ilich Ramirez Sanchez’s biography and activities, keep his connections with Armenian organizations aside either deliberately or because of ignorance. However, Carlos the Jackal admitted this fact, thus, unmasking the Armenian cruelty and brutality hidden behind an angel face.
– Did Carlos reveal his connections to Armenian terrorists?
– Yes, he did. An article “Columbia: the Carlos connection. (international terrorism)” co-authored by Max Holland and Kai Bird and published in the June 1985 edition of the Nation deals with his connections to the Armenians. In one of his interviews, Carlos admitted that “We keep contacts with Armenian terrorist organizations. We help each other and closely cooperate in all spheres”.
There are quite many facts confirming involvement of Armenian organization in international drug syndicates. It is also proved by the above-mentioned article. Carlos referred to drug business as “the nuclear weapon of terrorists”. He also told about disagreements with his Armenian colleagues: “At first, my Armenian friends didn’t agree with me and stood against my opinion. They even judged me, but later realized my innocence”. These words prove that as active participants of international drug business, the Armenians are among the culprits of death of millions of people, especially youth all over the world.
Interestingly, the French government that sentenced Ilich Ramirez Sanchez to life imprisonment for his terrorist attacks, maintains different attitude towards his Armenian friends and colleagues, who shared the same actions. Like other superpowers, who use Armenians as a tool for their politicial ambitions, France also keeps tacit towards the Armenian activities in terrorism and drug business, despite obvious evidence, thus, encouraging expansion of criminal network.
– Thank you for the interesting interview.